I was asked to design a wedding invitation set for a Cara and Louis, who will be married at the gorgeous Waveny House in Connecticut this coming August! I also designed their engagement party invites earlier this year. They requested an elegant and vintage style invitation to match the Tudor style mansion setting. I decided to use a lovely floral pattern in a soft peach (a ballet pink for two wonderful ballet dancers) for the backdrop of the invitation set, with a deep lapis shimmer pocket enclosure. I mixed a retro-inspired font I designed with starbursts for the invitation design. The invitation and reply were printed on white cotton paper and bound together with a soft peach cotton band and tag echoing the invitation design. I wish this pair a fabulous wedding day at the fabulous Waveny House!
This is what happens when you spend too much time at Starbucks… You get songs stuck in your head.
The original idea started out as a random doodle while chatting with my friends over the weekend. A little time in Illustrator to clean it up, and re-tool some of the letters, and some fun with Photoshop, and here it is; the final poster.
Creating a type specimen book for my newest (and first) type family, Ligne. Next up, a few posters for the Senior Exhibition in a couple of weeks.
Things are slowly starting to come together.
I have a request to design wedding invitations and ephemera for a wonderful couple getting married at a lovely mansion in Connecticut this summer. Initially, I was sketching out some more Art Deco styles, but I’ve come to find out that the bride is inspired by Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn, not the Teenage Witch) so I’m trying some floral ideas inspired by the iconic dress worn by Audrey.
Originally posted on –tycogirl:
I’ve been silent here for a few months. Things got pretty busy and the commute into the city everyday was exhausting. But now the semester is over, and I’ve got a few months to work (hopefully. Someone hire me!), and do some of my own personal projects that got put aside this past year. Yay!
I hand-made a screwpost portfolio for my end of the year review, and for never building a book before, I have to admit I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I even hand-painted the logo on the cover.
Working on masks this week, 3D and in Photoshop…
I’ve decided to make a mask of mirrors, after a conversation I had with a friend. Here’s a few photos of the progress so far. I still need to paint the left side (waiting for the grout to dry) and attach something to make the mask wearable, since we have to photograph ourselves in the mask as part of the project.
New school, new projects, and no sleep.
here’s some stuff I’ve been working on.
Illustrating the alphabet. Some of the letters got out of order, I’m not sure how to fix that, but you’ll get the idea.
Here’s what I’ve been working on so far. Two more projects to finish… and I’m running out of time!
Many, many thanks to everyone who’s been helping, supporting, inspiring, and donating materials for all these projects. You know who you are, and I couldn’t have gotten this far without all of you! Love you all!
Now its time for me to get back to work.
More progress…. its getting there, slowly.I still think the main tree looks more like Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree than the tree in the original photo. And I added some random trees to the background that aren’t really in the original photo as well, bit the pine trees are rather difficult to recreate, so I placed in some oak-y looking ones instead.
I can’t even tell you how many hours I’ve been working on this. I’ve lost count, but its getting up there in the high single digits at this point.
The picture I used for reference is Gele by =jjuuhhaa on deviantArt
he’s also on Flickr. Stop by and say hello!