This is what happens when you spend too much time at Starbucks… You get songs stuck in your head.
The original idea started out as a random doodle while chatting with my friends over the weekend. A little time in Illustrator to clean it up, and re-tool some of the letters, and some fun with Photoshop, and here it is; the final poster.
I’ve been silent here for a few months. Things got pretty busy and the commute into the city everyday was exhausting. But now the semester is over, and I’ve got a few months to work (hopefully. Someone hire me!), and do some of my own personal projects that got put aside this past year. Yay!
I hand-made a screwpost portfolio for my end of the year review, and for never building a book before, I have to admit I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I even hand-painted the logo on the cover.
I’ve decided to make a mask of mirrors, after a conversation I had with a friend. Here’s a few photos of the progress so far. I still need to paint the left side (waiting for the grout to dry) and attach something to make the mask wearable, since we have to photograph ourselves in the mask as part of the project.
(Yet another) Self portrait. This is in just the beginning stages. Yes, its a wonky cell phone picture again… My camera is busy with another project at the moment. (See below.) I thought I was going to try this in pastels, but somehow I just kept continuing on in pencil… We’ll see what happens, maybe I’ll try both.
This is going to be a series of water drop/splash photos… the set up was pretty tricky for this one. I ended up with a baking pan since none of my bowls were wide or deep enough for the lenses I have and I couldn’t get quite the right distance away. Seems the combo of this bread pan and my 55-200mm lens and a couple of clamp lights are doing the trick… but its tough to get that lens to move fast enough to catch the action.
More progress…. its getting there, slowly.I still think the main tree looks more like Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree than the tree in the original photo. And I added some random trees to the background that aren’t really in the original photo as well, bit the pine trees are rather difficult to recreate, so I placed in some oak-y looking ones instead.
I can’t even tell you how many hours I’ve been working on this. I’ve lost count, but its getting up there in the high single digits at this point.